This Award Winning Antebellum home in downtown Newnan, Georgia is the perfect venue for your gathering, large or small. It provides a comfortable but elegant space for events including parties, showers, business meetings, rehearsal dinners, weddings and/or receptions, family reunions, and funeral receptions. It is within two blocks of the four major downtown Newnan churches and within sight of the original Coweta County Court House and the Newnan court square.
As well as winning numerous local awards, this wonderful Event Venue has won a coveted Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Award for “Excellence in Restoration”. It has been restored by a two time winner of the Trust Award and is professionally decorated. It is filled with a collection of antiques appropriate to the period of the house for the use of your guests.
The house and garden can be rented for weddings, receptions, parties, showers and meetings. The three story home features a 10×34 foot hall way on the main level flanked by four large rooms, each with a working fireplace. Four central heating and air conditioning systems assure comfort no matter what the weather. Across the back of the house is a large gathering room with a covered porch extending the length of the rear of the house. The main floor also contains a small kitchen and two beautifully appointed baths.
The upper floor contains a large bedroom with bath and a separate sitting room, perfect for the bride and her attendants to prepare for her ceremony. The ground floor, accessed from the rear as well as an interior stair, contains a large kitchen and bath, as well as a sitting room which may be used for the groom and his groomsmen to dress.
- The Major Long House comfortably accommodates up to 200 people for a standing event, 60 for a meeting or event with theatre seating and 48-50 for a seated dinner in one room. An additional 16 people can be seated for dinner in one of the parlors. A 20×40 tent may be used with tables and chairs to provide additional seating for 48 to 50. The garden seats up to 100 for a wedding ceremony.
- Renters are welcome to use their own caterer or we will be happy to assist in choosing one.
- We can provide tables, chairs, tent and linens. Rental of all items will be handled by the Major Long House. Rental rates include setup, cleanup, and return.
- The Major Long House holds a Special Event Permit which allows alcohol to be served at a private function. The alcohol is provided by the renter. The Major Long House requires that our bartender be used. The cost depends upon the number of guests.
- The house has handicapped accessibility for the full main level including baths and porches.
We can arrange experienced staff for you at very reasonable rates for serving and cleanup should your caterer not provide them. We can recommend a photographer, florists, DJ, caterer, band, etc. to make your event perfect and stress free.
Rates begin at $125 per hour with a 3 hour minimum. Perfect for luncheons, showers and small parties.
Weekend evening events begin at $850 for parties and other gatherings, depending on the size of the group.
Weddings and/or receptions are $1450 for 6 hours of time.
Brides using the Major Long House may book the services of Bob Shapiro Photography, depending on his availability, for 4 hours of wedding photography and receive a DVD of the wedding photographs for $995.00. (Add $250 if ceremony is at a different location.) See www.shapirophotography.com for information and examples of wedding photography.
Business meetings are $375 for up to three hours or $600 for 8 hours and $100 per additional hours. (Chairs and tables are included.)
Funeral receptions are $475 for 3 hours and includes tables, linens and additional seating set up for your convenience at no additional fee. We will arrange catering for you to make this time easier for the organizers if you wish.
Some event fees will be determined on a per-event basis. Call us if you have a special request or need.